Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Hello! Hope everyone is having a great summer! I'm enjoying the time off and reading like crazy. (Side note: I did not get any of the library jobs I applied/interviewed for so I will be back at the technology teacher thing for at least another year). For a long while I've had this book, Life As We Knew It, on my "to read" list and I got a Barnes and Noble gift card for my birthday, so I bought a paperback copy. I am totally loving it! It's very difficult to put down. Very interesting and so well written (my only gripe is I have found 2 typos!). This is the very interesting story of high school sophomore Miranda whose life is totally changed (as well as the rest of the world's) when a larger than expected asteroid hits Earth's moon and moves it close to Earth and at a different tilt on its axis. We know that the moon affects many things on Earth (tides, seasons, etc.) and within 12 hours things start going crazy on the home planet. This is the first of a trilogy and I will definitely be reading it all! When I finish, you can read my full review on Goodreads . . . . . . and here it is: Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1)Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book! Sixteen-year-old Miranda's life is dramatically changed (along with the rest of the world) when an asteroid collides with Earth's moon causing it to change position on it's axis and move much closer to Earth. The moon affects many things on Earth like tides, seasons, etc. and major catastrophic events begin occurring within 12 hours. Miranda and her family struggle to survive in an increasingly difficult natural and social environment. After the initial establishment of "life as usual" the book becomes very engaging and I had difficulty putting it down. Very well written! I cannot wait to read the next book in the trilogy to find out what happens next.

Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment