Monday, September 29, 2014

Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters #1) by Tracey West


Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters #1)Rise of the Earth Dragon by Tracey West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another dragon book?!?!  Well, it IS me!

I read this because it was included in a preview set for an upcoming Scholastic Book Fair I'll be having in my library in October. I found a book that I not only want to promote with students, but also share with my own child. My six-year-old loves things like Harry Potter and Narnia, but reads on a mid-second grade level. This is perfect for him because it has castles, dragons, and magic, but is written on a second grade reading level. The pictures also keep a young reader interested in this transitional chapter book. I shared the story of Drake and his discovery that he is a Dragon Master with my son. He got excited and wanted to start reading it together, though he's read much of it himself.
What a great book for young readers interested in fantasy. I can't wait to check out other books in this series.

Recommended for readers who enjoy fantasy and read on a second-grade reading level.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment