Saturday, April 5, 2014

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling


My husband recently read this to our young son for the first time.  My son totally loved it (and it's the reason I'm now knitting him an invisibility cloak!).  I wrote this review for a class ages ago and it kind of cracks me up, so I'm sharing it with you.  I hope my review writing has gotten a little better since then!  :)  Enjoy!
 
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Published in the U.S. in 1998.

Ahhh, where it all began. The first in the controversial series about an English boy living a miserable existence whose life changes completely when it is revealed that he is a wizard! He begins his time at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and connects with those who will be with him to the end and with Lord Voldemort, who could be the cause of Harry's end...

Themes include learning about oneself, friendship and, of course, magic!

Depending on the patrons and community, you may or may not be able to use this book freely in the classroom. It would work well as the focus of a literature circle or book club.

This is a must read for everyone who is willing to take the plunge...and be in it for the long haul of the seven lengthy books. It is worth it!

Highly Recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment