Friday, April 18, 2014

The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller


The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every ChildThe Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child by Donalyn Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So . . . I am not the type of educator who typically picks up a book on education during my free time unless I am required to (like now during my Spring Break week), BUT . . .

The Book Whisperer was recommended to me by a fellow educator who doesn't really know me, but heard me talking about my passion for reading and encouraging students to read and said, "You really need to read this book. [Donalyn Miller] really shares your ideas about encouraging readers."

I happened to pick the book up last weekend and have poured through it this week. This is an excellent book that reminds us we are not just trying to get students through a year/test, we have the opportunity to foster life-long readers. Educators should be developing students into people who love reading because it is an important part of life - not just something that gets us through school and then we're done with it.

I love, love, love this book and highly recommend it to educators of all levels, everywhere!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment