Sunday, September 14, 2014

The World's Greatest Love Letters compiled by Michael Kelahan


The World's Greatest Love LettersThe World's Greatest Love Letters by Michael Kelahan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the past few years I've become interested in letter writing. I write pen and ink letters on parchment to my friends and seal them with wax. This interest caused me to pick up this book and I really enjoyed reading it.
This is a collection of private letters written throughout history. It gives some interesting insight into the feelings and beliefs of famous figures in history and literature. In some cases, I was not familiar with the people, but it inspired a desire to learn more about these individuals and their relationships.
Maybe reading this book will also inspire readers to write and mail a letter the old-fashioned way. Getting a text or email still doesn't compare with getting a letter by post!

Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment